New and Used Shipping Containers for Building Tiny Homes in the Midwest and Throughout the United States
How do I build a tiny home? What is shipping container living?
The tiny living movement is where people choose to downsize their living space in order to live more simply. Some people make their permanent residence a tiny home, while others build a tiny home for their lake house, hunting cabin or to have a vacation home.
Choosing Shipping Containers for Tiny Homes
Citi-Cargo shipping containers are secure and weather resistant, with heavy-duty flooring and high quality steel construction. We offer fast and on-time delivery.
The most popular sizes used for building a tiny home are 20’ x 8’ (medium) or 40’ x 8’ (large) with high-cube or extra wide options. Here are some things to consider when choosing containers for a tiny home:
Typical Tiny Home Fast Facts*
- Home size: 100-500 sq ft.
- Container Specs: 20 ft. or 40 ft. , 8.5 ft tall, 8 ft. wide
- Material: High-quality steel
- Condition: Inspect for rust, dents and odor
- Durability: “Heavy tested” containers hold 30,000kg; weather resistant
- Delivery: Buy local to reduce cost
Shipping Container Home Resources